This course is currently closed
This workshop was originally developed for a summer camp – specifically to help prepare their young staff members to identify and respond to mental health concerns in their campers.
While the language in it refers to “camps” and “counsellors”, this session is ideal for anyone who works with youth.
It in, Dr. Erin Watson covers:
- Current climate of mental health issues in youth and their contributing factors
- How to spot red or yellow flags
- Protocol for how to respond appropriately when signs and symptoms arise
- How to identify limits of responsibility
- Discussion around stigma and why people don’t reach out for help
- Ways to take care of your own mental and emotional wellbeing when and after helping others