Lack of motivation can make anyone feel like a failure.
Motivation is hard - and that is because it is notoriously misunderstood. We're told things will be easy if we "want it enough". That creating the right culture sets employees up for success.
On an individual level, we plan, we set goals, we re-structure our days and our lives, we hope, and we set intentions. We repeat mantras and affirmations. And yet we still fall short. This takes a toll on ones self-esteem and mood. Shame and guilt bog us down. Productivity suffers.
As leaders, we wonder what we're doing wrong - and how we can get them back on track.
Here's the good news: The problem isn't you, and it's not them. It's the way we've been taught to understand motivation - both where it comes from and how to keep it alive.
This interactive workshop covers new ways to think about achieving what you want - personally and professionally. Plus, participants leave with real and effective ways to take the first steps in any direction.
It's time to get out from under an endless pile of goals, and to discover a better way to find motivation, happiness, and success.
**Do you work with youth? This workshop can be tailored to help you in supporting them. If any of these sound familiar:
They're spending more time zoned out and bored
Getting them to sports and activities feels like a battle
It's still early in the school year and they're already falling behind
Then this workshop will teach you how to motivate them. Stop dragging them from one thing to the next and learn how to help them become self-driven, confident, and competent.
- A clear understanding of how motivation actually works
- How social media's depiction of motivation is inaccurate and unhelpful
- All of the reasons motivation gets decreased - it's not a personal failing
- How to cultivate motivation through environments, thoughts & behaviours
- How to plan for, accept, and move on from failure
- How to unlearn and de-program motivational tactics you don't even realize you're using
- Audiences of adults who work with youth will also learn how to teach motivational skills to the young people in their care
Take-Away Strategies & Tools:
- How to move from an endless list of goals in every area of your life, to focusing on the direction that matters to you
- How to deal with - and move on from - burnout, failure, and disappointment
- Identify the factors outside of yourself - that you haven't thought of - that are affecting your motivation
- Learn effective strategies to making the first steps as easy and manageable as possible
- Adults who work with youth will also discover how to make sure the conversations they have with kids actually motivate them instead of backfire
- This session has been developed for organizations, and for adults who work with youth
- Standard length is 60-75 minutes
- This session is available for virtual or for in-person delivery
- Client will be responsible for speaker travel costs, plus a per diem over and above the speaker fee
- Need additional tailoring of content, or a fully customized session? We're here for you. Book a free needs assessment today so we can uncover exactly what you need and how we can help
Want this talk for your group or conference, and ...
Want to save the speaker fee?
Ask us about including Mental Health First Aid as a pre- and/or post- to your event
We can't wait to work with your group!
get started by scheduling a free needs assessment today