Great teams don't just happen - they're built by design.
Understanding one's own working style - and the working styles of their colleagues - is crucial. It allows employees to communicate and resolve conflict efficiently and productively. And this creates teams that stand the test of time.
All teams deal with conflict, and breakdowns in trust. But successful ones have methods of moving through and past these situations quickly and respectfully. And this leads to happier and more productive employees.
The Mental Health Commission of Canada has identified 13 factors that can affect the mental health of employees in the workplace. Unsurprisingly, Organizational Culture tops the list.
This session helps improve team performance, relationships and productivity by developing a Team Charter. This is an interactive process whereby the team determines how they're going to work together. It considers the strengths of the team, and of the individuals on it. Team members set out how they want to handle giving & receiving sensitive feedback, how to approach colleagues they're concerned about, and how to make requests so as not to make someone else feel imposed upon or bossed around.
This is culture-building in action.
It'll build confidence, reduce gossip, and help people to show up happy and productive. And it'll enable leaders to lead their teams to success.
- The 8 team challenges that get in the way of team performance and productivity
- The 5 C's of Working Better Together
- Practical strategies to build a learning culture
- 3 essentials for moving through the various challenges by design, instead of by default
Take-Away Strategies & Tools:
- Steps to developing a Team Charter
- Strategies to negotiate the various elements of your Charter
- Effective ways to navigate messy team issues, and to foster trust from them
- This talk has been developed for leaders and their teams
- Standard length is 60-75 minutes that covers an overview and DIY guide to developing your Charter. This can be extended into a half-day workshop that facilitates the creation of your Team Charter. It can also be covered at a high level in a keynote.
- This session is available for virtual or for in-person delivery
- Client will be responsible for speaker travel costs, plus a per diem over and above the speaker fee
- Need additional tailoring of content, or a fully customized session? We're here for you. Book a free needs assessment today so we can uncover exactly what you need and how we can help
Want this talk for your group or conference, and ...
Want to save the speaker fee?
Ask us about including Mental Health First Aid as a pre- and/or post- to your event
We can't wait to work with your group!
get started by scheduling a free needs assessment today