Navigating social and romantic relationships is one of the hardest things a teen can do. Having consistent healthy support networks can make all the difference between a teen that thrives and a teen that barely survives. Kids need guidance on challenges like bullying and drama amongst friends, how to emotionally cope with the new world of dating, or how to navigate a toxic relationship without shame. Lots of parents, educators, and other guardians wonder how to help adolescents set healthy boundaries for their well-being without pushing them away. This talk covers everything you need to know about the ups and downs of the vibrant and challenging social world of teens. You will learn:
- What is going on in a teen’s confusing social world
- What they really think of your advice and role in their life
- What they need from you but will never ask for
- Red flags to watch out for, and how to handle bad situations
- 5 common lessons to stop teaching them NOW
- What you can do (without them knowing) that will set them up for healthy relationships in all areas of life
*Note – this session covers the third of the four main pressures tween & teen girls are facing. The other three are covered in separate sessions available for purchase, or free in the member area. An overview of all four is available in The Inner Lives of Girls presentation. The other three pressures are: body image & self-esteem, media messages & expectation, and family relationships.