Welcome OCA Members!
The Expert Talk is a community of experts who specialize in topics that affect teens & tweens, and who help the adults in their lives to understand and connect with them better through tailored workshops & training sessions.
This is your hub for:
- Upcoming OCA - Exclusive Workshops
- Mental Health First Aid – group & individual training
- Upcoming Live Online Workshops open to anyone
- Other topics our experts can help you with
All of our experts have been vetted using a 7-point criteria developed by one of our founders – ensuring all information is science- and evidence-based, and backed by current research.
Upcoming OCA-Exclusive Workshops
To register a group from your team: Select the number of participants below Enter your own name and details at checkout We’ll be notified that you’ve registered multiple people and will reach out ASAP for...MORE INFO
Mental Health First Aid – For Adults Who Work With Youth
If they sprain their ankle, chances are you’ll know what to do. If they have a panic attack, chances are you won’t.
If you’re worried about the mental health of your campers, and young staff, you’re in the right place.
Mental Health First Aid was developed by the Mental Health Commission of Canada to give you the skills and confidence to:
- Recognize emerging mental health problems
- Get young people to open up about what they’re experiencing
- Identify when additional supports or interventions are necessary
- Guide them towards appropriate resources and help
- Act quickly and decisively in a crisis situation
Click the buttons for full course details, private group training, OCA member rate, and OCA-exclusive classes for individuals and small groups.
Upcoming Live Workshops
These live online workshops are publicly available on our site.
Use code OCAMBR40 at checkout for 40% off the registration cost.
Need Experts in Other Areas?
Whether you’re looking for team training, or a topical presentation or workshop, our experts are available to work with your team, the kids in your care, or their parents.
Select topics are listed below - book a FREE needs assessment now to see how we can work together to help you and your team.
Social Media & Technology
- Media Literacy
- Healthy Social Media Habits
- Grooming & Exploitation
- Influencer Culture
- Sexting & Sexualization
Social & Emotional Wellbeing
- Emotional Regulation
- Resilience & Confidence
- Mood & Mental Health
- Body Image & Self-Esteem
- Compassion Fatigue
- Overwhelm & Burnout
Substance Use & Abuse
- Social vs Excessive Drinking
- Peer Pressure
- Identifying At-Risk Youth
- Trauma & Addiction
- Gender-based Violence
- Healthy Friendships
- Sex, Dating & Consent
- Leadership & Authority
- Resolving Conflict
- Collaborative Classrooms & Organizations
- Helping Teens Open Up
- Boundaries & Assertiveness
Gender & Sexuality
- Coming Out & Transitioning
- Pronouns & Terminology
- Supporting LGBTQ+ Youth
- Gender Roles & Pressures