Resources - Stressed Out... And OK
*Note – These resources were compiled in May 2022. This is not an exhaustive list. These are general resources and are not to be considered a recommendation by The Expert Talk. Please consult a physician before doing any physical exercises if you have a health condition.
- Count Down – Download Below
- Deep Breathing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyZr2D1Zky0&t=1s
- 5 Senses Grounding Technique – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30VMIEmA114&t=6 – Download Below
- Mental Vacation – Download Below
- Soles of the Feet – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CktUgoW9Ao4
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation – Download Below
- Mindful Movement – Download Below
- Trap Squeeze Test – Download Below
- Starfish Breathing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EJNVixVgRw
Distress Centres of Greater Toronto – call 1-416-408-4357 or text 45645.
24/7/365 SUPPORT. Emotional support, Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention, Intervention & Postvention
Centre for Human Technology – Youth Toolkit – Everyone who uses social media deserves to know how it works. This toolkit will tell you all the most recent information and help to strike a balance in your social media use.
- Youth Toolkit – https://www.humanetech.com/youth
- Take Control Toolkit – https://www.humanetech.com/take-control
Mindshift CBT uses strategies to help you learn to relax and be mindful, develop effective ways of thinking, and use active steps to take charge of your anxiety. https://www.anxietycanada.com/MindShift-CBT.
Pocket Well – Wellness Together Canada (WTC) is a mental health and substance use website funded by the Government of Canada. Our aim is to support people across Canada and Canadians living abroad, in both official languages. With the companion app you’ll be able to use research-based tools. https://www.wellnesstogether.ca/en-CA
- 211 – https://211ontario.ca/ – directory of health and community resources.
- Toronto Mental Health & Addiction Services – “Help Ahead” is the centralized phone line to access child, youth and family mental health and well-being resources in Toronto. We are experienced, friendly and just a call away.
- Anxiety Canada – https://www.anxietycanada.com/
- Wellness Together Canada – services range from basic wellness information to one-on-one sessions with a counsellor, to participating in a community of support. – https://www.wellnesstogether.ca/en-ca/
- University Mental Health Supports – Each university in Canada has mental health supports on campus. Example: University of Toronto https://mentalhealth.utoronto.ca/. Go to google and search “My University name” + “Mental Health Services”.